Digital Dubai has partnered with Animoca Ventures to co-host ‘Reports from the Future : Dubai’, an exclusive, invitation-only event for investors, held on 8 February 2023 at the Digital Dubai Offices in Dubai Design District.
Digital Dubai is a government body established by His Highness Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President & Prime Minister of the UAE, and Ruler of Dubai, in June 2021 to develop and oversee the implementation of policies and strategies that govern all matters related to Dubai’s information technology, data, digital transformation, and cyber-security.
The workshop is part of a wider collaboration between Animoca Ventures and Digital Dubai to bring top-tier Web3 talent to Dubai to showcase cutting edge technologies and to create cooperation opportunities with Dubai-based organizations, companies and investors.
The workshop brought together experts and representatives from leading global companies renowned for their innovation and experience with Web3.
They presented to a packed room of funds and investors, a range of topics surrounding Web3 and the opportunities it brings, including Web3 Infrastructure, Metaverse Use Cases, Blockchain Gaming, the Omni-Chain Future, Open Finance, and Data Convergence.
It offered participants insights on Web3 and metaverse technologies, the potential they bring, and the promising investment opportunities in the sector.
During his keynote speech at the workshop, Dr. Marwan Al Zarouni, Strategic Advisor at Digital Dubai, mentioned that Digital Dubai’s purpose is to digitize all aspects of life in the emirate to provide its residents with advanced technology and digital services that make their lives easier and happier. In line with this mission, they seek to explore emerging technologies and collaborate with companies and entities who are leading the way in these fields. Their goal is to attract startups and investors to the city to make Dubai the digital capital of the world.
Dr. Al Zarouni explained that the workshop is a crucial step in achieving these goals. The event is expected to promote the Digital Economy ambitions of the Dubai Economic Agenda (D33), which aims to double the size of the emirate’s economy over the next ten years. It also aligns with Dubai’s ambitious Metaverse Strategy, which seeks to establish the city as one of the world’s top ten metaverse economies and a global hub for the metaverse community.
Attendees at the workshop, comprising of senior executives, were taken deeper into Web3 and the role it is set to play in the future with experts from a host of companies that have made notable innovations in the field. The companies were:
- LayerZero Labs – An omnichain interoperability protocol that unites decentralized applications (dapps) across disparate blockchains.
- SupraOracles – An interoperable and extensible data oracle solution enabling integration between on-chain and off-chain data.
- Conductive.ai – Conductive.ai, a Web3 infrastructure company, which designed product eliminating the friction of on-boarding users on to Web3 games and projects.
- Brinc – A global tech accelerator with a strong presence in the MENA region, Brinc’s platform offers a unique combination of resources for startups, corporates and venture capital investors to thrive across the entire startup lifecycle from accelerator stage to exit.
- Move.ai – Move enables motion capture in any environment using off-the-shelf cameras, mobile phones, computer vision and deep learning, greatly reducing the cost of traditional motion capture methods.
- Amulet Protocol – A decentralized insurance protocol, safeguarding users’ assets.
- Bit.Country – Offering Metaverse as a service, where users can launch their own metaverse within 12 seconds. These metaverses come with built-in NFT marketplaces, tokens, a land economy, reward engine, 3D game engine, map engine, game framework and software development kit.
There were also senior representatives from blockchain gaming companies Xterio, Planetarium Labs, MetaKing Studios (for the game BLOCKLORDS), SIDUS Heroes, Revolving Games and The Red Village who presented first looks at their games, explained what makes these games unique and showed exclusive gameplay footage.